Ask An Attorney: How Can Father Change Parenting Plan?

welcome to ask an attorney today’s question comes from Roseburg the question is this: parents are divorced they have a child the parenting plan gives mom the

right or first refusal to sit for the child and Dad no longer wants to honor that so the question is uh how can this couple change their parenting plan my name is Steven Leskin. I am a divorce and family law attorney in Portland you can find me at I post new content every Monday Wednesday and Friday at about 10 o’clock if you like what you see here please like subscribe or comment below your engagement is valued so again the question is how do you

change your parenting plan so if you want to change custody like from Mom has custody and dad wants to challenge that and take custody post divorce you’d have to show a significant change of circumstance that would justify changing custody and that the change would be in the best interest of the child

just change a parenting plan and you only need to show that the change is in the best interest of the child so in this case dad would have to show that it’s no longer in the child’s best interest for mom to have right a first refusal it’s still gonna it still begs the question of what change presumably it was in the best interest of the child when the parenting plan was agreed to or litigated uh so someone would still the dad would still need to answer the question what changed that this is no longer in the best interest of the child and it’s probably in this particular case it’s probably going to be kind of a hard high burden to to uh to get over if Mom has writer first refusal just sit for the child during dad’s parenting time there better be a good reason for it that just sounds like a sensible solution

but again I don’t know the facts all I know is that particular question so once again my name is Steven Leskin I am a divorce attorney in Portland and you can find me at you can also reach me at 971-930-4716 thanks for watching

Call Leskin Law & Mediation

Call or use the contact form to schedule a consultation to discuss if the One Day Divorce process is right for you. There is no charge for this consultation. By the end of the call, you will know when your divorce can be finalized and how much it will cost. You’ll feel better.

CALL NOW 971 930 4716