My name is Steven Leskin. I am a divorce attorney in Portland Oregon. I have been practicing in Oregon since 1992.
Divorce is difficult, there is no doubt about that. And sometimes, during a divorce process, couples are unable to come to an agreement with their spouse. If that your case, you may want to hire a divorce attorney in Portland to help you through the process. It definitely makes sense to hire an attorney in the following circumstances:
- There is a dispute between the parents over who should have custody.
- There are allegations of child abuse.
- There are complicated assets to value, including businesses or financial instruments such as stock options.
- You believe or suspect that your spouse is concealing assets, debt or income,
- Or you do not understand or know the full extent of your marital estate.
- Your case will require complex financial or medial planning.
- One of the parties is not legally competent to contract. There has been violence or abuse in the relationship or one of the spouses is clearly dominant and controlling.
- Under these circumstances, hiring an attorney is completely advised and warranted. However, in the mediation process, your divorce will be more amicable and faster.
That is what One Day Divorce does: we offer a faster, more economical and amicable divorce. Divorce mediation has multiple advantages:
- Your divorce will be done quicker.
- It will be less expensive – It is not as confrontational and will preserve the relationship better.
- The parties retain control over the outcome.
The advantage of a One Day Divorce, is that you agree to a date for the mediation as part of the onboarding process, you will know exactly how much it will cost, the process is streamlined, and you will be done by the end of the day. Your mediation will not run into several sessions. Again, my name is Steven Leskin. I am a divorce attorney in Portland. I have been practicing in Oregon since 1992. One Day Divorce. We do divorce differently.