Ask An Attorney: Can Mom Cut Dad Off From Child He Raised?

Can Mom Cut Dad Off From Child He Raised? You be the Judge. What do you think?

this is ask Steven Leskin a family law tutorial today’s question comes from Ashland and the question is this parents have two kids together one of the children is not biologically your dad dad has raised both kids as his own for nine years and supported them and has been a father figure in both of their lives something happens Mom Cuts Dad off from both kids what are dad’s remedies dad wants to continue having a relationship with both children and particularly a child that’s his my name is Steven Leskin I am a divorce and family law attorney in Portland Oregon you can find me at if you like what you’re hearing like comment or subscribe below uh we post new comments new videos every Monday Wednesday and Friday we value your engagement so what rights do a non-parent have and Oregon law provides a mechanism that an adult that has an ongoing personal child parent-like relationship with a child can petition the court for what’s called third party custody sometimes third party because he’s also called grandparent custody and it allows the third party uh to maintain the

Call Leskin Law & Mediation

Call or use the contact form to schedule a consultation to discuss if the One Day Divorce process is right for you. There is no charge for this consultation. By the end of the call, you will know when your divorce can be finalized and how much it will cost. You will feel better.

CALL NOW 971 930 4716